Saturday, February 17, 2007

Finally new music...


Well, here's what I choose to do in the middle of finals weekend: finally update my Myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/nickfederinkosolo

I have been informed by several people that the wait for new material has just been unbearable, so even though I was kind of waiting to knock everybody out (yeah right) all at once with four finished songs, I will put up two things I have now so everyone can get a hint of what I've been up to.


And I'm going back to my studio at home in less than a week so I should be finishing up the things I was waiting on...they'll be up soon :)


For now, I present to you "654" and "The Overpass Song". The first, "654", was literally the first thing I created in the year 2007 (aside from "creating" a piss first thing in the morning). I got back from New Years, spending the night at the Radisson in K-town and crashing a "James Bond" tuxedo affair....in my jeans and baseball cap. It was a fun experience that was rife with imagery of glamour, glitz, and shallow decay disguised as expensive alcohol. I used my new Roland Jazz Chorus amp and banged out a jazz progression that came to me pretty fast. I played all the instruments on this song on my Protools setup. I sought to capture the feel of John Lennon's later material mixed with Pink Floyd, and I ended up with a sweet Steely Dan guitar solo after like 20 takes.


I also play everything on "The Overpass Song." This is currently just an instrumental demo of a bigger idea I have (hence the lack of downloadability, so it can't come back to haunt me), but I think it's a fun little ditty so I'm putting it up. The big snare and overprominent bass drum were supposed to rip off the Killers, but my mom said it reminds her of the Who. Still an excellent group to rip off.


Please offer up any feedback you have. I hope I've brightened your day, warmed your soul, made you look to the sky and think of higher things, or at least given you something to do. Stay cool, America.


Peace and God bless,

Nick Fed

No comments: